[nasional_list] Re: [ppiindia] Starbucks = Pendukung Militer Israel ?

  • From: ANDREAS MIHARDJA <mihardja@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ppiindia@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 07:33:24 -0700 (PDT)

** Forum Nasional Indonesia PPI India Mailing List **
** Untuk bergabung dg Milis Nasional kunjungi:
** Beasiswa dalam negeri dan luar negeri S1 S2 S3 dan post-doctoral
scholarship, kunjungi
http://informasi-beasiswa.blogspot.com **Its your choice to boycot a company or
an organisation, although to me it looks more like a peer pressure stupidity.
  If you start thinking - boycot this for that - well youmust stop using
products that are from any multi national company. You start stop purchasing
products from McDonald till Budweisser or anywine products from any country.
You alsmo may stop eating chiken because all the chicks are organized through
an international consortium from animal to food and I am sure some of them are
jewish or sure american. Also do not take international aid or help it is all
tainted with jewish people who are out to destroy the poor people of the world.
Deny any foreign aid because the bosse are pro Israel and are mostl;y zionist
from the USA.
  Just live like the people of Afghanistan during the Taliban regime - they
also do not except foreign aid besides "jihad" money from antizionist movements.
  Have a life !!
  Andreas

Satrio Arismunandar <satrioarismunandar@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
          Dari aljazeera.com

Boycott Israel?
7/17/2006 1:46:00 AM GMT

Israel?s barbaric policies against Palestinians
prompted worldwide calls to boycott it, its products
and all companies, and organisations that provide it
with the ability to continue its agression, which has
claimed the lives of many innocent civilians,
including women and children.

And recently Israel stepped up its offensive against
the Palestinian people as well as the Lebanese
population, killing scores of innocent civilians and
inflicting sever damage on both countries?
infrastructure.

Starbucks, the well known coffee company known for its
pro-Israel stance, announced once contributing
£100,000 to Oxfam?s rural development programme in the
East Harare coffee growing region of Ethiopia, but
Oxfam, an international organization dedicated to
finding long-term solutions to poverty, hunger, and
social injustice worldwide, decided to severe its
links with Starbucks, the purveyor of the world's
finest coffee with 4,709 locations around the world.

?Starbucks? chair Howard Schultz is an active Zionist
whose own activities include running propaganda
seminars on behalf of Israel across campuses in both
North America and Israel.?
Oxfam denied allegations that Muslim groups were
behind its decision to terminate its collaboration
with coffee conglomerate Starbucks.

In a Financial Times article published on 4 March
2005, Oxfam acknowledged that it had ?received
criticism and protest letters from Muslim
organisations but said its decision was the result of
a change in strategic thinking in its Make Trade Fair
campaign. ?At the time we signed our agreement with
Starbucks UK, we looked into allegations of the
company?s relations with the Israeli Defence Force and
other similar claims and found nothing that could
justify ending our collaboration. That remains the
case,? said Phil Bloomer, head of Oxfam?s Make Trade
Fair campaign.?
Oxfam claimed that its partnership with Starbucks was
only intended as a one-year initiative.

Since Oxfam announced its partnership with Starbucks
last October, a Boycott Israel Campaign has lobbied
against the organisation, accusing it of double
standards.

"The collaboration with Starbucks was always a
one-year agreement and as an organisation with finite
resources we need to ensure that we're working in ways
that will have the most impact," said an Oxfam
spokesman.

"This has led to our decision not to focus exclusively
on a partnership with one corporation but to broaden
out our focus to include different coffee companies
and other areas of fair trade."

But whether Oxfam?s motioned reason for severing ties
with Starbucks is true remains in question.

In 1998 Howard Schultz was honored by the Jerusalem
Fund of Aish HaTorah with "The Israel 50th Anniversary
Friend of Zion Tribute Award" foid\cdp.browserpport to
the Jewish state by "playing a key role in promoting
close alliance between the United States and Israel".

The Jerusalem Fund of Aish HaTorah is known for
funding Israeli arms fairs chaired by the Israeli
transportation Minister and former Defense Minister
Shaul Mofaz.

Schultz had also been praised by the Israeli Foreign
Ministry as being key to Israel's long-term PR
success.

While the Israeli army was committing war crimes
against Palestinians in Jenin, Nablus and Bethlehem,
Schultz, explicitly accused the Palestinians of
supporting ?terrorism?, and claimed that their
Intifada, or uprising, was a manifestation of anti-
Semitism.

Starbucks helped Israel's floundering economy and
invested in Israel - a joint venture with Israeli
conglomerate Delek Group for Starbucks outlets in
Israel.

But the coffee company made heavy losses. And in April
2003, it announced that all its 6 cafes in Israel will
be shut down and that it has ended its partnership
with Delek.

However, numerous sources revealed that Starbucks
continued its support to Israel by sponsoring fund
raisers for the Jewish State.

Starbucks is also known for strongly supporting the
U.S. President George W. Bush?s claimed anti-terror
campaign, used as a guise for the disdainful acts of
the U.S. government aimed at boosting its hegemony
worldwide.

The coffee company has donated a store to the U.S.
occupying forces in Afghanistan.

Source:
http://www.boycottwatch.org/misc/starbucks4.htm

Products and affiliated companies:
Starbucks Coffee Stores (4,709 locations world-wide).

Starbuck coffee, chocolates, biscuits & ice-cream
products.

Seattle Coffee Company in the United Kingdom with more
than 60 retail locations.

Pasqua Inc., a San Francisco based coffee retailer.

Hear Music, a San Francisco based music company.

Tazo®, a Portland, Oregon based tea company.
Starbuck?s partners:

Startbuck Coffee have partnerships with:
? Hotels:
- Hyatt Hotels
- Marriott Hotels
- Starwood Hotels (Sheraton)

? Bookstores:
- Canadian bookstore Chapters Inc
- Barnes & Noble, Inc bookstores

? Albertson's Supermarkets

? Special relationship with NY Times:
In 2000, Starbucks announced its strategic alliance
with The New York Times. The New York Times used its
national advertising resources to promote Starbucks
products and retail locations as a destination for
readers.
Mapco Express & East Coast store-gas stations:
It?s been revealed that Delek (Starbucks Israeli
partners) owns Mapco Express filling stations and
convenience stores in Tennessee and East Coast
convenience store-gas stations in Virginia.

Source:
Alexander's Gas and Oil Connections Company News,
[Volume 6, issue #12 - 02-07-2001]

http://www.gasandoil.com/goc/company/cnn12792.htm
http://www.inminds.co.uk/israel-emergency-solidarity.jpg

http://mail.yahoo.com