[nasional_list] [ppiindia] Deviant Uses Qur'an Committee to Raise Funds

  • From: "Ambon" <sea@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <"Undisclosed-Recipient:;"@freelists.org>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 07:01:20 +0100

** Forum Nasional Indonesia PPI India Mailing List **
** Untuk bergabung dg Milis Nasional kunjungi:
** Beasiswa dalam negeri dan luar negeri S1 S2 S3 dan post-doctoral
scholarship, kunjungi
http://informasi-beasiswa.blogspot.com
**http://www.arabnews.com/?page=1&section=0&article=73285&d=16&m=11&y=2005

Wednesday, 16, November, 2005 (14, Shawwal, 1426)

      Deviant Uses Qur'an Committee to Raise Funds
      Arab News

      RIYADH, 16 November 2005 - A deviant who was attempting to turn the
Qur'an committee of a village in the Riyadh region into an illegal charity
organization has been arrested by police.

      The suspect, who witnesses say also works as an elementary school
teacher, was issuing fatwas calling for jihad in Iraq and raising funds through
lectures shrouded in secrecy, according to Al-Watan newspaper.

      Some say he was supporting poor families with the money - provided they
destroyed satellite television links. The full extent of his clandestine
fund-raising still is unknown.

      "I used to attend these lectures regularly," said a man from a
neighboring village. "Later, I discovered that he was only reading from history
books and wasn't saying anything new. I didn't know what the purpose of it was.
(He) asked to have these lectures secretly."

      What was supposed to be the noble work of teaching the word of Allah was
being subverted into something sinister. When the gang started a women's group
in the village, it was obvious there was something amiss.

      "From the first lesson, the woman speaker started to ask for donations,"
said the villager. "This made many women suspicious because the Qur'an
Committee was supposed to teach Qur'an and nothing else. If the money was going
to be collected through a bank no one would have minded."

      When he contacted authorities other victims came forward. It was revealed
that the so-called teacher was urging the slaughter of Iraqi Muslims in the
name of God. "At one time, a member from (the) group came to me and asked if he
could give a Friday speech at the mosque I lead," a local imam said.

      "I said that he had to get permission from the main office in the area
before I would allow him. Later, I learned that he had been arrested on charges
of financing terrorist groups, and he is in prison now."

      A manager of a local school said the suspect was arrested on charges of
financing terrorism when he returned from a trip abroad. It is unclear how much
money was collected and what amount, if any, went to slaughter innocent women
and children.

Help save the life of a child. Support St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/cRr2eB/lbOLAA/E2hLAA/BRUplB/TM

Lebih Baik, in Commonality & Shared Destiny. http://www.ppi-india.org
Mohon Perhatian:

3. Reading only, http://dear.to/ppi