[nas-2000] usb storage on dual nas

  • From: Rob <robert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nas-2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2007 00:24:35 +0100

Hi all;

good to see how things are progressing here!

I've got two of the Dual-SATA NAS boxes previously referred to.  I'm
trying to get an external USB hard drive working on it, in addition to
the internal drives.  It's a bit of a learning experience though -
I've never dealt with USB on a *nix system before..

It seems that the uhci, ohci and ehci modules are all loaded OK, but
it's not detecting any storage.   What I think I am missing is
"usb-storage.o" though...

Is there any way I can get hold of this file pre-compiled, so it will
be of use to me?? (Or instructions on cross-compiling it on an x86
FreeBSD system....!!)

I think once i get this sorted, the rest of the system may "just work"
- various /etc/rc.* files definitely test  for USB based FAT32 drives,
quota files, etc, but don't work because none of  /dev/sd* have been
linked to drives..

Thanks for any assistance..

Rob