[nanomsg] Re: mangos has a compatibility shim

  • From: Garrett D'Amore <garrett@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Jason E. Aten" <j.e.aten@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 May 2014 22:43:27 -0700

Makes sense.  Its not directly adjustable via mangos, although I believe
net/tcp does have support for tweaking it.  Not all possible TCP tunables are
accessible via mangos.  Some of these should be, via SetOption values.  I just
haven’t got to it yet.  Make a use case and I will prioritize.  Especially if
you’re actually using the stuff.  Squeaky wheel gets the grease and all that.
:-)

--
Garrett D'Amore
Sent with Airmail

On May 13, 2014 at 10:28:09 PM, Jason E. Aten (j.e.aten@xxxxxxxxx) wrote:

On Tue, May 13, 2014 at 9:16 PM, Garrett D'Amore <garrett@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Not currently… its something I can consider for mangos.
--
Garrett D'Amore
Sent with Airmail

On May 13, 2014 at 8:23:03 PM, Jason E. Aten (j.e.aten@xxxxxxxxx) wrote:

On Tue, May 13, 2014 at 5:09 PM, Garrett D'Amore <garrett@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The earlier failures also seem to be responsible for other failures, as exiting
without closing the socket leaves the address unusable for other applications.
(No SO_REUSEADDR).

Is it possible to set SO_REUSEADDR with nanomsg?
I just learned that (Russ Cox says) that SO_REUSEADDR is supposed to be the
default in Go.

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/golang-nuts/bI8IyMFSr-0

It does seem to be on linux, looking at
go1.2/go/src/pkg/net/sockopt_linux.go:25.