[nanomsg] Re: RFP: Windows lead / Port maintainer

  • From: Jay Berg <jaybny@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nanomsg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2015 08:45:10 -0700

I can help test if needed. windows has come a long way and is not going
anywhere.

Maybe add it to biicode, and maybe we can find more windows devs.
On Jun 1, 2015 9:16 AM, "Garrett D'Amore" <garrett@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

There are quite a few issues filed against libnanomsg relating to the
Windows port. The problem with this is that I have managed thus far to
remain (blissfully!) ignorant of Windows development — the last time I
developed anything for Windows was back in the Windows 3.1 days. I moved
to Unix and have never really looked back.

For libnanomsg, this is somewhat unfortunate, as there is clearly a need
for someone to help maintain this project on that platform. So rather than
foolishly try to guess myself, I’d like to invite folks who think they are
up to the task to step forward.

Absent a Windows lead who can help review & test code, I cannot promise
that libnanomsg will continue to be maintained on that platform — its
likely that things will break and that bugs that should be fixed won’t be,
simply as a consequence of depending on me to do it.

Thanks!

- Garrett