[nanomsg] Re: Multiple endpoints and sending packets

  • From: Carlos Rafael Giani <dv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nanomsg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2015 21:32:28 +0100

On 2015-01-15 21:10, Garrett D'Amore wrote:
Pub and BUs sockets do this.

Sent from my iPhone

On Jan 15, 2015, at 9:18 AM, Carlos Rafael Giani <dv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,

from what I can see, when I connect multiple endpoints and send a packet, one
of the endpoints (based on priority) will be picked, and the packet will be
sent over it. The docs speak about some socket types sending the packet to
*all* endpoints. But what is the socket type? I do not specify this type
anywhere.

The underlying issue is that I want the latter behavior. That is, send to all
endpoints, not just one. Is there a way to configure this?

But PUB and BUS are protocols, not sockets.