[nanomsg] Re: Minimum supported windows version?

  • From: Martin Sustrik <sustrik@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nanomsg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2013 20:21:55 +0200

Hi Paul,

Attempted to build on XP SP3 with Visual Studio 10.1 with a few
unsupported function calls
redefined _WIN32_WINNT = 0x0502 (from 0501) but still no fun.

(InetPton and GetQueuedCompletionStatusEx) which only made their way in
at Vista time.

Are there any plans to support my old antiquated dev machine (customers
still love XP) or do I only get to play with nanomsg in my spare time on
a vaguely supported windows operating system.

The case is that I have only Win7 to test on. As for XP, it's past its end-of-life so you can't probably even buy a license.

Loved the release announcement setting out what's changed for the better.

Thanks!