[nanomsg] Re: How nanomsg informs application about socket failure

  • From: BELLUS Stefan <Stefan.Bellus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "nanomsg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <nanomsg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2014 12:29:58 +0000

We use tcp.

Why to switch to nanomsg?

1. I want to get advantage of "zero-copy", message oriented interface,
Linux/Windows portability, inproc communication, ...

2. There are several services on M1 machine. They communicates together and can
be converted to REQ/REP pattern or PUB/SUB.

3. Plan to add web services on M1 == REQ/REP, websocket == again PAIR?

Most of communication is not stateless. Therefore, I guess, I need to know if
peers/clients/servers are operational.

Br
Stevo