[nanomsg] DHCP as a configuration database

  • From: Martin Sustrik <sustrik@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nanomsg <nanomsg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2013 10:08:40 +0200

Hi,

There's a note from Eduardo Morras on my blog post about configaration service:

"You can use DHCP for this. Check this old (2004) presentation, where Yannick Cadin explains how to use a DHCP server to send configuration to several applications, not only dns config, ip, ntp and other minimal config.

HTH

http://2004.eurobsdcon.org/uploads/media/EBSD04_slides_41.pdf";

Given that we haven't even considered DHCP as the configuration database, I'm reposting the comment here for future reference.