[nanomsg] Re: Blog post

  • From: Martin Sustrik <sustrik@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nanomsg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2013 07:28:40 +0200

On 19/09/13 11:59, Dirkjan Ochtman wrote:
On Thu, Sep 19, 2013 at 11:07 AM, Martin Sustrik <sustrik@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Personally, I like Sphinx quite a bit. How about setting up a Sphinx
project that has both the reference docs and more guide- or
tutorial-like documentation?

Any specific reason for using Sphinx over Asciidoc (given that Asciidoc
toolchain is already part of the build process)?

I don't have a lot of experience with Asciidoc, but the web output
seems fairly plain. I think Sphinx has better-looking and more
functional web output as well as man page output, latex and PDF output
options. reST also is easy to write and more of a standard, I think,
than whatever is used for asciidoc?

Actually, the actual technology doesn't matter much given that this would be a separate project. Thus, having a different toolchain is OK.