[nama] debug logging

  • From: Joel Roth <joelz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nama@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2011 09:36:22 -1000

Massy asked about whether Nama could have a logging
function.

grep'ping for $debug finds some 410 debugging statements.

One workaround to rewriting all of these is to
use something like GNU screen, which can have a
huge scrollback buffer.

~/.screenrc

defscrollback 20000

If I do rewrite the debugging, I will want some fine-grained
choices over the types of debugging information
logged/displayed.

It's something I've been thinking about for a long time,
and I'm sure it will make life better, at least for
those parts of my (other developers'??) life
spent in debugging.

best,

Joel
--