[nama] Re: copy/paste

  • From: Julien Claassen <julien@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Joel Roth <joelz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2013 09:00:34 +0200 (CEST)

Hello Joel1
This is basically a good idea, but it has its difficulties. One of the most important being, that in many cases we'd like to allow overlap. That's why we'd rather use regions and tracks, than a real Ecasound loop. I don't want to trash the idea, not at all. It sounds interesting, but we'd have to clarify the needs and usecases first. Another thing I wouldn't do is allow for tracks from other projects. There is the link_track feature, which works well and is very stable. In thinking further about the song structure, I have the idea of working with a tempo. Yes, Nama itself doesn't have the concept, but it could be used for computations. I'll organise my thoughts on it a little, before I spam your mail folder further. Anyway, that is the least I can do.
  Have a good night
          Julien

http://juliencoder.de/nama/music.html