[nama] Re: Thoughts about Nama's organisational features

  • From: Julien Claassen <julien@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nama@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2012 21:56:44 +0200 (CEST)

HJi Massy!
Dynamic groups? We already have the bunches, which you could use for something like:
for guitars; mute
The notes feature, could probably be implemented as the comments are implemented. Only thing, the notes, the way you describe them, can't just be stored in the project state file. Using an editor shouldn't be difficult, there's an environment variable, in the .ecasoundrc there's a config variable for that and if all that doesn't seem good enough, we could have just one more in .namarc. A pager to list them is already in use, i.e. less. Personally, I wouldn't use that feature, but I can see, that it might be nice for working on a project with several people or documenting work in such a way, that you can recreate it later, if something gets lost or you need the same tricks again. Show lists tracks of a bus, when there are more tracks, than fit on the screen. So if you are on the track gacc, whic is part of Guitars, then you get the full list of Guitars and all other busses from this project plus the all tracks from Main, if I'm not mistaken. But there was something like show_bus, which I hadn't reason to use in the recent past, so don't nail me on the name.
  Warm regards
          Julien

Such Is Life: Very Intensely Adorable;

======      Find my music at      ======