[nama] Ready for a release

  • From: Joel Roth <joelz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nama@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2013 18:01:49 -1000

Hi Namites!

I've merged some recent code into the 'master'
branch.

A lot is related to latency compensation, which
isn't ready yet. (The -Q option won't get
you any useful behavior at the moment.)
But there are some other useful fixes. This code
has been tested somewhat already (thanks, Julien!)

I thought I'd tag and release (like scientists studying
a wild animal) so that we have something stable and
useful before the next round of changes.

So, if you have any feedback about the current 'master'
please let me know, and I'll fold in fixes.

For the future, these are some planned improvements:

* allow tracks to have differing input and output channel counts
* store positions as samples, rather than seconds
* latency compensation integrated with JACK latency reporting

Cheers,

Joel

--
Joel Roth