[nama] Re: Can't switch to dev branch (even though repo newly cloned)

  • From: Joel Roth <joelz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nama@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 May 2012 08:33:26 -1000

On Thu, May 24, 2012 at 08:11:51PM +0200, Julien Claassen wrote:
> Hi everyone!
>   did anyone else experience that (Massy?):
> git pull origin dev
> [lots of merging and then conflicts]
> CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in src/IO.p
> CONFLICT (add/add): Merge conflict in src/mt
> Automatic merge failed; fix conflicts and then commit the result.
>   I'm sure, tat the problems are small, can you either fix it or is
> there a way to quickly see the offending lines or get a suggestion,
> what might be done?

Aha! I think you are attempting to merge dev into master,

I think so for two reasons:

1.  because "git pull origin dev" expands to
"git pull origin dev[:current_branch]

If you want to pull just dev-to-dev:

git pull origin dev:dev

2. I just had that experience, because I just test-merged
dev into master.

What you probably want to do to get out of that:

git reset --hard  # set state back to previous commit
git checkout master # and have fun
git checkout dev    # or have fun this way

"git pull" will update all of your branches from
the repository.

Regards,

Joel

--