[muscle] Re: VS: Patching MUSCLE to compile on AMD64

  • From: "Jeremy Friesner" <jaf@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muscle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2006 12:09:13 PST (-0800)

Hi Mika,

I noticed that also, and fixed it... all HashCode() implementations should
return uint32.

(It's not clear to me whether uint64s would be faster than uint32s on a 64-bit
chip, or the same speed, or slower -- but in any case, I think it's simplest
just to
use the same integer sizes on all architectures, and since 32-bit is most common
architecture these days, uint32 is my choice)

Jeremy