Re: [muglo] meeting

  • From: Gerhard Kuhn <gerhardk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2008 22:43:38 -0500

The 5th works for me as well.
We were out for the day and the list has more activity than I have
seen for a long time.  Well I finished reading, Tee the mystery e-mail
was a response to Barry after he encouraged me to pursue the idea of a
project that could span part of several meetings.  I suggested that we
create a DVD and we could have meetings that covered various parts of
making such an item from taking the video and photos to burning the
DVD.  It could also be the making of a photobook, spreadsheet or
database, transferring vinyl records to cd or whatever is of interest
to the most members.  There does not seem to be interest in pursuing
this so I will drop the idea.

Maybe at this meeting we could elect a committee that will plan the
meetings for the next 6 months.   If we had three people that planned
content, organized and promoted the meetings they could meet at a
coffee shop or via iChat  prior to the meeting and have a dry run to
work out any technical glitches and plan content so it is not just an
off the cuff thing but rather a planned presentation.  If there is a
real sense of direction we may attract more members to attend.

I had suggested that we have a raffle for a fund raiser so I will
bring a spindle of DVDs to get the ball rolling and we could sell
tickets for a $2 each or 3 for $5 if that is agreeable.  I don't want
to do anything that goes against the constitution so maybe the
executive could take charge of any money raised and find a way to
determine how to spend these funds.  I can bring a box of chocolates
for break time as well, seems to go well with Terry's coffee.

Gerhard