[muglo] meeting topic

  • From: Doug Bale <dougbale@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 06:35:29 -0800 (PST)

Okay, here's one specific issue I'd love to see addressed, either
tonight.Occasionally I get photos in which the flash coverage has been uneven.
I cope by isolating and adjusting the under- or over-lit areas as separate
layers, then merging them back into the original. It works, but it's clumsy. It
would be quicker to create an adjustment layer, correct for the worst-exposed
of the image, then add a gradient so that the correction diminishes smoothly
from maximal there to minimal where it's not needed. I can't figure out how to
do it.Similarly, it seems to me I should be able to use a gradient to correct a
colour cast that's thrown over part of an image by an off-camera light source
or reflective surface.Anybody know how to do this in Photoshop? I'll bring
along a sample image tonight.