[muglo] Re: linksys routers

  • From: "Eric D" <hideme666@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 18:17:51 -0500

>From: doug rogers <dougsamu@xxxxxxxxxx>
>To: MUGLO Online List <muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: [muglo] linksys routers
>Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 15:09:11 -0500
>
>I had opportunity to set up another linksys router. First time I've
>seen the configuration page. After poking about in the 'tabs' to find
>the WEP settings from the popup menu, we set up a password. Then when
>we tried to log on to the now protected wireless network with the
>password, we couldn't get on. anybody? what's up?

Have you figured out this problem?

Mac OS X does very well with Airport hardware but requires a little kick in
the pants to play nice with third party 802.11b/g hardware.

You need to figure out how to enter the password into OS X to authenticate
with the base stations and what option to select in that OS X password entry
dialogue... IIRC there are four different options for secure connections
(it's been a while since I've had to do that so I can't help you out off the
top of my head).

Eric.

Not only does Windows Live? OneCare? provide all-in-one PC care to keep your
computer protected and well-maintained, but it also makes creating backup
files a breeze. Try it today!
http://ideas.live.com/programpage.aspx?versionid=b2456790-90e6-4d28-9219-5d7207d94d45&mkt=en-ca