[muglo] Re: bell

  • From: Andy Skuse <askuse@xxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 26 Dec 2009 09:30:14 -0500

On 2009-12-25, at 6:18 PM, Theresa Roth wrote:

> I believe that’s odyssey
>
> On 25/12/09 3:39 PM, "jim taylor" <HAWKINK@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Says it's about important changes to my Bell internet service
>> agreement Theresa which is something I must have acquired when I
>> switched to hi-speed. Things is you can't really tell what the
>> changes
>> are since I never saw the agreement in the first place. Never heard
>> of
>> ody.ca Dean. Local? jim

Nope, it's a different company just called "Odynet" and they are a
London company based in the Royal Bank building downtown. They've been
here in London for years, and I've been happy with them for at least 7
years (that's how far my emailed invoices go). They do allow you to
run a web server and static IP addresses (which Rogers does not
allow), and they can provide domain hosting services. In my experience
as a technician visiting customer's homes over the past 9 years I can
attest that Rogers always "feels" a little faster than DSL including
Bell, but DSL can vary depending on how far away you are from one of
the nodes (DSLAM) so you may want to ask the guys at Odynet how far
your home is from one of their DSLAMs and how that might affect your
speed. Their Residential DSL Hi-Speed premium account (up to 5Meg) is
$34.95 a month with free modem rental.

Odynet: 519-660-7777

Andy
-------
www.rainycitynights.com

Some wait for their boats to come in, others build them and set sail