[muglo] Re: Web Site Copy

  • From: Leith Peterson <lpeterso@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 13:49:22 -0500

I would definitely get permission from the originator before copying,
Paul.  My understanding is that material on a website is "published",
therefore, if you use it elsewhere, you likely need to get permission
to use it.  You would possibly be OK if you referenced from the
original, but if I were you, I would get permission beforehand.

You could check on the Canadian Intellectual Copyright Office
website.  I don't have their website address, but I'm sure if you did
a Google search, you would find it.

Pls note that Canadian copyright law is different from American
copyright law in many instances.