[muglo] Re: Waterloo Apple store workshops

  • From: Andy Skuse <askuse@xxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2011 21:35:00 -0400

On 2011-09-12, at 4:23 PM, Tim Kearn wrote:

> I was free I assume?
> I wonder how it differs from what Mostly Digital (paid) offers?
> Tim

Hey Tim and the MUGLO membership,

I'm a service technician at Mostly Digital, and whenever we get a new version
of GarageBand I do a free 1-1/2 hour seminar, usually on a Saturday morning, as
an overview of how GarageBand works, as well as a look at what's changed. We
offer a variety of free "product overview" seminars, as well as a couple of
paid course options. Typically, our free 1-1/2 hour product overview seminars
provide introductions to Apple products iLife, iWork, iPad, GarageBand, Apple
TV etc. And we occasionally have guest speakers come in to demo Apple's Pro
products, as well as other software and hardware manufacturers to demo their
product lines and take questions. The paid course options include our Mac
Basics course which is an 8 week course (2 hours x 8 Wednesday nights) that is
intended for novices wanting an introduction to the Mac OS itself, and all the
core Apple applications such as Mail, Address Book, iCal, Safari, as well as a
look at the components of iLife and iWork. The second paid option is a 1-on-1
training program for new Mac buyers at Mostly Digital that consists of ten 1
hour, 1-on-1 training sessions with one of our employees. You can use up one 1
hour session per week for 10 weeks, or extend the 10 sessions out for up to a
year. During each hour we can teach you about the Mac, or go over a specific
program you want to learn more about, or solve a problem you are having with
your Mac. How you use the 10 hours is up to you. If you'd like more information
you can check our seminars page at http://www.mostlydigital.ca/seminar.php or
call Michael Sangster at the store at 519-472-2455. And please feel free to
offer suggestions for future courses!

Andy Skuse
-------
Some wait for their boats to come in, others build them and set sail