[muglo] Re: Thunderbird

  • From: Eric Dunbar <eric.dunbar@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2005 10:16:53 -0500

On Sun, 6 Feb 2005 22:56:19 -0500, Paul Thomas <paul_thomas> wrote:
> I downloaded Thunderbird and tried it.  I could not get or send mail
> due to incorrect password which works fine with MacMail!!!   It would
> seem that TB is corrupting the PW when sending it!! Antone had this
> problem? I even trashed it and re-expanded the downloaded file - still
> no good!! I could try redownloading it!!

Unless you're particular dissatisfied with Mail I'd stick with it.
TBird is still "beta" software and not ready for prime time but it
does look like it'll be quite something when the ports team Macifies
the app.

As for your password, I suspect that there's a setting that's not
working for your mail server. I had TBird accessing both a _very_
ornery IMAP server (it causes MS Entourage no end of head aches) and a
POP3 server without a single complaint.

What is the particular error that TBird throws up? (also, is it
possible that you're not entering the correct password?)

What I would really like to see is a (native) port of Evolution to Mac
OS X --  it's analogous to MS Entourage but does some things quite
well. Unfortunately it is a touch more complex than it needs to be but
that can be fixed, I'm sure.

Eric.