[muglo] Swap & for sale stuff - craigslist and freecycle

  • From: Eric Dunbar <eric.dunbar@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Mac Canada <mac-canada@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 23:48:54 -0400

Hi all, in recent weeks I've discovered two neat sites:

1. <http://freecycle.org/display.php?region=3DCanada> a site for
swapping free stuff

Requirements: items have to be free and may only be picked up (no
mail)... saw it on TV recently (can't remember what news show [a
Toronto channel])

2. <http://toronto.craigslist.org>

(South-Western Ontario currently uses Toronto but London,
KW-Cambridge-Guelph, Hamilton and the non-Toronto GTA ought to set up
their own sections (since Saskatoon at <200K even has an entry... even
Windsor, "the armpit of Canada" (as my wife and all _former_
Windsorites I've ever met "lovingly" call the city (I think you either
love or hate the place... something about having to _drive_ to get
from one side of the street to other might kill all affection for that
town (in residential neighbourhoods they seem to have an abundance of
4- and 6-lane highways with SUVs and trucks everywhere (baseball bat,
anyone <evil grin>)))) has a population of >200K)).

These are the CMAs currently listed:
calgary
edmonton
halifax
montreal
ottawa
quebec
saskatoon
toronto
vancouver
victoria
winnipeg

Since discovering the site on October 1 I've got a Mac mini for $100
less than the going rate and we found a new appartment in Toronto
after having exhausted the Saturday Toronto Star listings (Yonge and
Davisville... taking over someone's lease... so, instead of being
locked into 12 month lease we have only a 7 month lease :-)