[muglo] Re: Sharing Printers

  • From: Martin Albinger <max@xxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2006 21:11:02 -0500

On 17-Nov-06, at 8:56 PM, Tee Cashmore wrote:

> To share a USB printer between 2 computers do I just need a USB
> powered Hub?
> TTFN,   TeeC

Actually you may not  need anything.  Choose Print from the File menu.
Click on the drop down arrows on the right side beside the Default
printer (Likely the one you have directly connected to your computer).
If the other computer is on your network and not asleep if it has a
printer attached to it, it should show up as either a Shared Printer or
under Rendezvous.  I haven't used the latter which I think is for
wireless networks but the former I have used to share as many as 3
different printers.  Not precisely sure how Rendezvous works or how to
configure.

Does that help?

Martin