[muglo] Regarding OT

  • From: doug rogers <dougrogers08@xxxxxx>
  • To: MUGLO Online List <muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2012 21:00:00 -0400

Sigh.

We prefer, out of politeness, that posts not directly containing Mac related
material be prefaced with OT. But just as narrow bandwidth and limited storage
has gone the way of the Dodo, some conventions of the BBS days seem archaic.
Language and usage changes. Conventions of usage are not proscriptive.

In view of this groups less narrow technical interests, and more social
aspects, I think it is a polite thing to do, and it is my job as moderator of
the mailing list to set and enforce the prescribed conventions.
---
The group web site is at http://muglo.ca/Welcome_to_Muglo.html