[muglo] Re: Photo in email

  • From: "Eric D." <hideme666@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2003 00:29:10 -0400

on 7/7/03 10:47 AM, Tee Cashmore at tee.cashmore@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Hi All,
> I have a query. A Rellie sent us an email with 2 photo attachments,
> which appear to be "Quicktime" stills, ie digital photos. When I open
> the email I get two Very Large photos which require me to scroll to see
> them. I have tried to save them separately to no avail. How can I save
> them??
> TTFN,
> TeeC

Most important piece of info of all that's missing... what e-mail app are
you using?

If you are using Outlook Express or Entourage, you have a little
"Attachments" item in the message display box. Click on the little triangle
to display the attached files. Select attached files and drag them to
desktop, or click the save or open buttons.

If you are using Eudora, the procedure is very similar IIRC.

For Netscrape, balance on your middle toe, scream loudly twice, then make a
peace offering to the Commodore 64 gods and hope like hell something
happens. Seriously though, I haven't the foggiest notion what to do with
Netscrape (other than to delete it and remove *all* signs of its existence
from any computer you'd like to have functioning... I now patently refuse to
run Netscrape on my computers b/c I find that it's next to useless as a web
browser when you have Safari, Camino and even Mozilla as choices (Mozilla is
marginally more stable than Netscrape... for those web sites that don't
display in Safari, I use Camino, for those that don't work properly with
either Saf or Cam I go to Internet Exsleeper. It may not be the zippiest of
browser but there isn't a single web site out there that it can't handle).

PS I think the fact that Apple got into the browser market is a *very* bad
thing and I fear for the viability of our beloved platform now that IE is
gone. IE may not have been the zippiest of browsers for the past little
while, but it does provide near 100% compatibility with the darkside, and
does so without the atrocious overhead of Netscrape with it's kitchen sink
philosophy (fortunately the Mozilla project has finally recognised that one
of the reasons that the project isn't doing that well is the kitchen sink
problem (and, of course, IE for Windows is one *slick* and *fast* browser
(Opera's claims of speed are nullified by its extreme instability)... it
still boggles my mind that IE 5.5 on a P166 does a *faster* job of browsing
the web than my G3/400, a machine 3x as fast)).

Safari is no where near as slick and capable a browser as Internet Explorer
(or even Netscrape at times). There are far too many web sites that I
regularly use that do not function properly in Safari (EBay,
www.canadapost.ca, my router... Internet Explorer is the only Mac browser
that works 100% with my router... JavaScript support in Safari is lacking
and Camino has one or two quirks).
Eric.