[muglo] Re: New HD

  • From: Martin Albinger <max@xxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 17:33:10 -0500

On 28-Nov-06, at 4:18 PM, Terry Genereaux wrote:

> Hi
> What is better
>
> run my new 80 gig HD from firewire or from the internal bus on my g3
> iMac dv 400

Well I would be tempted to leave the 80 gig as external.  Considering
it is an iMac and that you may in future upgrade your computer (the
iMac likely has a smaller drive, you don't mention its size) putting it
into a firewire case certainly makes it a lot more portable.  You could
move any iPhoto iTunes and other iApp folders there if you need the
space on your internal drive.

On the flip side the 80 gig is likely newer and faster than your
current internal one which would provide some increase in
responsiveness that you would notice when launching apps or saving
files etc.  The dv would 'feel' faster'.

Your choice!

Martin