[muglo] Re: Macarena

  • From: Tee Cashmore <teecashmore@xxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2006 10:42:17 -0500

On 7-Nov-06, at 10:28 AM, Dave Bonhoff wrote:

> The sky is falling! The sky is falling! Buy our product now!
> Ok, seriously, this is nothing.It is a proof of concept, that can
> ONLY affect Intel specific files in the same folder that it
> resides.  It certainly isn't a "virus". You have to get this file,
> then YOU have toput it into a system folder and then execute (run)
> it!. This would be a "Trojan horse". Apparently Symantic is having
> troubles selling Norton Anti-virus to Mac users and is attempting
> to boost sales.
>
> Please continue with your normal lives now.
>
> Dave

Thank you Dave for your very sane advice. Despite the 2-300% rise in
sales; at least at one local Mac store; most new users actually want
to run the same old MS junk they ran before! When they do they are
vunerable to some degree, but the rest of us can wend our merry way
with sensible caution.
TTFN,  TeeC