[muglo] Re: Flat Screen TV's

  • From: Barry Takayesu <barryt99@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2009 02:57:42 -0500

On 2009-11-21, at 6:07 PM, doug rogers wrote:

> I've been thinking of getting a smaller flat screen TV to replace the
> cathode tube we have here. I expect prices are good now, but I hear
> they use up more electricity than a regular TV. Who  has some
> recommendations on a good brand and model? What  would be a good one
> about 18 or 24 inches?

Minimum size of consumer plasma TVs starts at 37" and their energy
consumption is about 3 times the CRT TVs.

LCD TVs come in much smaller sizes but still consume around 43% more
energy than the old CRTs. However, Californian environmentalists have
determined that TVs in general account for 10% of all energy usage and
have legislated that they must consume 33% less energy by 2011 and 50%
less energy by 2013. Thus new TVs will be more expensive as they try
to meet these higher standards.

http://bit.ly/51Bmcp

Prestige Print & Graphics       Barry Takayesu
10592 Wellington Rd.            P: (519) 631-8800
St.Thomas, ON                   F: (519) 631-6316
Canada                          barry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx