[muglo] File transfer

  • From: Martin Albinger <max@xxxxxx>
  • To: muglo <muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2008 22:07:55 -0500

On Tue, 30 Dec 2008 20:47:59 -0500 Theresa Roth wrote:

I do need to re-state my question:

What is the name of the file I need to import from the old hard drive
onto the new drive for each of these three:

1.      Entourage calendar entries

2.      Address Book contacts

3.      Saved Usernames/passwords

I was able to copy the folders from Mail and the bookmarks from Safari.

While the advice I received is great, I still am unable to access the
necessary data.

For item 1. - I would try exporting the data from the old drive and
then importing it on the new drive
For item 2 - same thing.
For item 3 - You don't say which program(s) or if its OS X that is
doing the saving.  Try 'Applications : Utilities: Migration
Assistant'  for just your username/passwords.  If that doesn't work
try googling "moving saved user names and passwords in Mac OS X" and
see what comes up.  I did not have much luck likely because my search
term is wrong.  Even 'Migration Assistant' might not get them all as
some programs have their own username/passowrod storage solutions.

I tried using 'keychain' as part of the search.  Have a look at this
page:

http://www.procata.com/blog/archives/2007/02/16/how-to-transfer-mac-
os-x-application-data-between-computers/

Martin