[muglo] Re: Error codes

  • From: Doug Bale <dougbale@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2010 12:35:09 -0400

On 1-Oct-10, at 12:11 PM, Wayne Dobson wrote:
While attempting to speed up the erasure of downloaded pics from a camera, I removed the SD card, loaded it onto my computer and tried to erase the files. I got an error code(-61) . . . only the camera can delete files, not the owner.

What kind of camera and what kind of SD card, Wayne? I've been deleting SD card files while the card is plugged into the computer via one card reader or another ever since my first digital camera years ago, as well as opening photo files while they're still on the card. I'm nearly ready to spring for a new ultracompact and a couple of higher-capacity cards, and I certainly don't want to get stuck with a combination that won't let me continue to do that.