[muglo] Re: [Bulk] Re: Mac OS X backup software

  • From: Wayne Dobson <pwdobson@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2014 21:18:27 -0400

I have used Carbon Copy Cloner many times to clone my hard drive when changing computers. Works flawlessly.

Even if Time machine craps out, you are only out one days worth.

On Sep 11, 2014, at 2:49 PM, Frank wrote:

Possibly.
I wear a belt with my suspenders.

An old program/project manager I "know" TM drive will crap out at the same time as my main HD. One of our members had it happen within the last year.

Power surges, even with surge protectors, sometimes get through depending on a the short duration and very high spike.

I'm presently looking at Carbon Copy .... Any experience using this product?

Thanks for  the feedback

Cheers f

๐Ÿถ

On Sep 11, 2014, at 2:28 PM, pwdobson@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Is there anything better than Time Machine?

Sent from myMail for iOS

Thursday, September 11, 2014, 2:15 PM -0400 from Frank <fbirch@xxxxxxxxxx >:
What backup software do you like
Does it have image, full and incremental?
Reason for liking other than cost....which is a factor of course.

Thanks

Frank

๐Ÿถ---
The group web site is at http://muglo.ca/Welcome_to_Muglo.html