[msb-alumni] The Other Side

  • From: "Mark Martin" <mbmartin1984@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "MSB Alumni" <msb-alumni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2014 01:20:42 -0500

I don't remember dreams very often, but I did have a vivid one with Mike
Trimble probably within a month or two after he passed.  Years later I visited
with Mr. Chard in a dream.  Now I am going to attempt to tell a story which is
difficult to explain because I can't quite adequately explain it to myself.  I
think this happened in the spring of 1999 although I'm not really sure of the
time of year.  It was definitely on a Friday though.  I was in my den channel
surfing between 11 and noon.  I felt this sudden impact on my left side.  It
was as though someone were running fast and just went right through me.  There
was positively no pain or discomfort whatsoever.  It just seemed like someone
had bumped into me or even passed through me.  I was not frightened in any way,
I remember saying something like hello out loud.  There was no response.  I
continued to channel surf and contemplate what had just happened.  Finally a
bit after noon I went to the living room to try to explain to Betsy this
experience.  Ultimately I told her that I would not be surprised if we found
out about a death soon.  Later that afternoon, I think it was around 3:30 or 4,
I got a phone call that Albert Shutt, a wonderful Christian man I had known and
greatly respected for the past 20 years had passed away suddenly and
unexpectedly that morning around 7 I think it was.  If you think I'm crazy,
that's fine with me.  If you think I'm not a Christian because of this, that's
ok too because you are entitled to your own opinion.  I would be careful
however when it comes to being to dogmatic on either side of this.  I do know
there is life after death because of the assurance given in God's Word for
those who trust Christ as Saviour.  I also know what happened to me is real and
I can assure you that I was not sleeping or dreaming.  I can't prove what I am
about to say, but I do think those that have gone on before us may be aware of
what happens to the rest of us still here if they choose to.  I think they are
aware before we are of the time when each one of us will join them in eternity.
 I don't know of anyone who has come back to tell us for sure what happens
after we cross over.  This is always an interesting topic and we should not be
too closed minded about what others have to say.  The one thing the Bible is
clear on is that there are two destinations in eternity, heaven and hell.  I
sure hope there is no one on this list who will end up in Hell.  You can get a
glimpse of that place in Luke chapter 16, concerning the rich man who would not
even give the poor man Lazarus the crunbs from his table.  This is not a place
you should desire to be.

Mark Martin, 73.