[msb-alumni] Re: Rob Moses Update

  • From: "Peggy" <pyates2011@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <msb-alumni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2014 18:15:42 -0400

Yah, me too.
I was afraid it would come down to that. I tell you, it just isn't fair.
Peggy Yats and Ginger.

-----Original Message----- From: Toni
Sent: Wednesday, July 23, 2014 5:30 PM
To: msb-alumni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [msb-alumni] Re: Rob Moses Update

I know what you mean Rich. I worry about both Marcia and Rob.

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 23, 2014, at 4:14 PM, Richard McKinley <mcfurbie@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

This is so sad.  I don't know what to say.  There aren't any words.

On Jul 23, 2014, at 12:18 AM, John  J Jacques <kg7fa2@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi all, this came in on facebook about 4 hours ago!  Please continue to
keep Marcia and Rob in your thoughts and prayers!

During the past couple days, Rob had been agitated and trying again to
remove  EKG
patches/wires, oxygen and IV's, including the needle from his port. So,
his hands/arms
were gently restrained to protect them. Obviously, that was not ideal.
Since it was
previously agreed that Rob would not revisit the ICU, or be put back on
ventilator,
it was realized that nothing was worth being restrained for. It was
decided yesterday
(with Rob's input) that all unnecessary treatment and monitoring (lab
draws, ABG's,
EKG, blood pressure) would be discontinued. The oxygen will stay (when he
allows)
to prevent shortness of breath. Today, the 3 IV antibiotics were stopped
as well.
They haven't been as effective as hoped, and sometimes they cause
"crummy" feelings
too. The ultimate goal is to not inflict any discomfort at all, and to
keep Rob as
happy as possible. The term is "confort care" and has no time limit. Even
tho' Rob
said "home", that has been ruled not an option since 24/7 care is not
available.
The palliative care team is investigating possible transfer to another
facility which
has a more restful environment. We STILL choose hope and believe in
miracles, so
please, keep the prayers going strong. Marcia appreciates all the support
and love.
-Nicole

Take Care:
John