[mountainmilers] Way to go Deb & Ken!!! And other race related things

  • From: Karyn Hott <karynhott@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "Running Club" <mountainmilers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Stephanie Fricke" <asfricke@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "Kurt" <krupnick@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "John Alfonso" <jmalfons2@xxxxxxxxx>, "Robert M. Kec" <robertmkec@xxxxxxx>, "Catherine Metz" <catellett@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2011 17:28:39 -0700

A huge congratuations to both Deb and Ken for their races today!!!!

Deb ran a 5K down at South Mountain Park in Phoenix and smoked the other ladies
in her division...taking her age division!!!!!

Ken ran the 20K and placed 3rd in his age division!!!!

Also...not to forget...Rob ran 21 miles today as his last long run in
preparation for that little race in Boston....
Way to go Mountain Milers!!

Friendly reminder that tomorrow we’ll have two starting points...down behind
Bashford’s and the other at Ken & Deb’s place on Hassayampa.  I guess both are
taking off by 9:00am.

Per Dave -
Those wanting to do the traditional 10k and 1/2 will start at Bashford Court at
9am.
The second choice is to start at Deb and Kens place on Hasseyampa and Alpine
Drive at 9am. We will run up to Copper Basin, turn right and venture as far as
you like. To the 1/2 turnaround +1/2 mile = 9 miles. To those that have not
done this part of Copper Basin, there are a few "mild" hills after Sheriff's
Posse. The turn around is a small creek running across the road about a mile
and half past the end of the pavement.
There is limited guest parking for about 9 cars. Deb said there is a new office
across the street where people can park also.
PLEASE let Dave and/or Ken know if you are interested.

Kameron has agreed to do a water station and Ken may also do one....

Karyn

PNG image