[mountainmilers] WRM Volunteers needed / latest news

  • From: "Jessica Leary" <jessica.leary@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <mountainmilers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2012 15:15:08 -0700

Mountain Milers,

Not running in WRM?  We could use your help!  We still have water stations,
traffic control and registration volunteer openings / needs for May 4th &
5th.

Those of you that have had the pleasure of volunteering at races in the past
know that it is one of the best ways to enjoy the action & participate in
the day's events!  A family water station is a lot of fun - so is directing
traffic by yourself (and cheering on all the runners as they pass).  If you
are running Saturday but want to come help with registration at the Y for a
few hours on Friday night, that would be awesome!

Also I know a couple brave souls that helped put out barricades with me &
some of the Y maintenance staff last year on Friday morning.  Any takers? I
could use 1 or 2 extra sets of hands J.

You can forward this email if you have a great supporter that may be
interested.  Ryan (my right hand man in Sports Dept.) is our volunteer
coordinator & you can contact him directly at sports@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx or
445-7221 * 21.  Or you can reply all to this message.

PS  The latest news is that La Fonda Restaurant will be providing free pre
-race carbo. load dinner @ the Y's Lindquist Family Park starting @ 5 pm on
Friday night during packet pick-up.  All you need is your race bib - friends
/ family pay $5.

Also Freedom Station will be there for our entertainment!  A Nemo jumphouse
+ airbrush temporary tattoos and glitter face painting will be offered for
anyone interested (minimal fee applies).  We hope the young - and not so
young will enjoy these bonus features.

Pass on the word and let us know if you or someone you know can help out at
the race.

Looking forward to a great event!

Jessica Leary

Sports Director

Whiskey Row Marathon Race Director

PRESCOTT YMCA

750 Whipple Street, Prescott, AZ 86301

928 445 7221  ext 33

(E)  <mailto:childcare@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> jessica.leary@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (W)
<http://www.prescottymca.org> http://www.prescottymca.org

The Y: We're for youth development, healthy living and social
responsibility.