[mountainmilers] Treadmill recommendations?

  • From: Terri Rashid <terri@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "mountainmilers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <mountainmilers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2013 21:45:03 +0000

I need to start shopping for a new treadmill, but I am getting very frustrated
by the lack of user-program saving ability on the ones I am looking at.

My current treadmill (a 1998 Trotter) has 10 built-in programs that I never
use, but also allows me to save 10 user defined programs - which I do all the
time.  I have to actually DO the workout though in order to save it - I can't
pre-program it.

I'd like to get a treadmill that allows me to design a workout on my computer,
then load it onto the treadmill.  At first I though the Norditrack treadmills
allowed this, but the iFit technology requires a MONTHLY subscription, and
apparently if your network connection goes down you can't get to ANY of your
workouts.  They don't save them on the treadmill, they are only on the service.
 I think that's complete BS - I should have the option to program my treadmill
without paying someone $10 / month!  Also it insists on transmitting your
workout info back to the service.  What if I don't WANT my workout data up on
their service??  Seems like I should have the right to keep that information
private.  (Yes, I know *they* see it as a feature - so you can share it with
your other iFit friends - but I just want something I can program at home -
even if my network is down.)

Smooth fitness has a treadmill that allows you to save 5 workouts - pretty much
like my Trotter - you have to do the workout first, then you can save it.

Does anyone know of a treadmill that lets you design your workout on your PC,
then save it on your treadmill?  You would think this would be a trivial and
commonly requested feature in this day and age...

Thanks in advance...

.Terri