[mountainmilers] Re: Prescott w/ Wienermobile... run this weekend?

  • From: Cactus Jon Skripko <cactusjon@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <mountainmilers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <kellygoldthorpe@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 1 Jul 2012 19:33:06 -0600

The inaugural Sausage run at Groom Creek was populated by Noel, Tom, Margaret,
Dina,Cactus Jon, Len, Josh (Groom Creek fireman), and Kelly (the Oscar Meyer
weinermobile pilot.   Julie, Dan, Dave (Margaret's husband), and Izzie the dog
were the cheering section at the finish line.  Kelly has the perfect bubbly
personality for her job as a spokesperson for Oscar Meyer.  While she opened
the gull-wing door to the Weinermobile, she quipped that the car was a
Lamborgweinee!!  Did I mention that she is a good runner. too?  She seemed to
be unaffected by the hills or altitude of Groom Creek.  Kelly, thanks for the
tour of the weinermobile and the whistles.  It was enjoyable to run with you!

Links to pictures:
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/cactusjon/Tonto%202010/april2012058.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/cactusjon/Tonto%202010/april2012047.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/cactusjon/Tonto%202010/april2012049.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/cactusjon/Tonto%202010/april2012053.jpg
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2012 20:47:26 -0700
Subject: [mountainmilers] Re: Prescott w/ Wienermobile... run this weekend?
From: len@xxxxxxxxxxxx
To: tomhahn@xxxxxxxxxx
CC: Golfdood51@xxxxxxx; kellygoldthorpe@xxxxxxxxx; mountainmilers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

See you in the tomorrow morning at 7:30.I am in for the Groom Creek race also.
Thanks everybody!Len McGee

Windermere Real Estate Northern Arizona
Associate Broker
Email:lenmcgee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Website: www.Hassayampaforsale.com

www.Hassayamparesidents.com
www.lenmcgee.prescottforsale.com

CLICK HERE FOR HOMES IN THE PRESCOTT AREA

 This Months Windermere Market Report

www.PrescottAreaMap.com

Cell:928-713-4666
Fax:928-541-4344

On Wed, Jun 27, 2012 at 6:24 PM, Tom Hahn <tomhahn@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

    Yes, I think Jon and I settled on a mutually agreeable time of
    7:30AM for the Groom Creek run this Sunday.  Had a good group of us
    last weekend, and the partly cloudy skies made for perfect
    temperatures, so hoping to have another good group this Sunday...

    And, there will likely be people running in the 4-6 mile range.
    Kelly, be aware Groom Creek is another couple hundred feet higher
    than "a mile"... ;-)  but is beautiful, and definitely won't be 90
    deg F... more like 65 at the start, and shady on a good part of the
    run.

    We meet at the Groom Creek Fire Station.  Here's the maplink with
    directions it...

    http://goo.gl/maps/vg7l

    Not sure where you're staying, but it takes about 15-20 minutes from
    downtown Prescott to get there.  And, you'll want to follow the
    route that I show on the map, along Pleasant St in
    downtown, to avoid a portion closed for construction on Mt. Vernon
    St.  Also, there is additional construction work for a mile or so,
    with a gravelled surface, beyond that point.  But the rest of the
    drive up Senator Highway to Groom Creek is paved and very scenic.

    Hope you can join us, Kelly... the fire station crew will get a kick
    out the "company car" being parked in front of their place, I'm
    sure!  Or if you'd prefer, I'd be glad to pick you both up somewhere
    in town for the ride out and back.  Let me know...

    Tom

      Golfdood51@xxxxxxx

        June 27, 2012 4:23 PM

          Kelly you are funny. I am copying our entire group on
            this email.  I am off to the CA Bay Area for the weekend (so
            looking forward to a few days of cooler anyway).  There is a
            10K race Saturday - The Gheral Brownlow 10K at Pioneer Park
            and I know many of our club runners will be there.  I will
            check to see if there is a Sunday run?

          Jon/Tom, are you setting up a Sunday run?  Ken

            In a message dated 6/27/2012 4:11:12 P.M. US Mountain