[mountainmilers] Re: Embry Riddle Tuesday

  • From: Golfdood51@xxxxxxx
  • To: mountainmilers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2011 10:26:05 EST

I have my Garmin set to beep every 5 minutes which is a reminder to me to
think of C R A P.  Those letters represent the big ticket items I have been
working on from my Chi training (Cadence, Relaxation, Armswing, Posture).

Per the Chi method, one of your legs should be striking the ground 90 times
 every minute. (Cadence)
Per the Chi method, you are supposed to Relax EVERY part of your body and
especially your legs and feet.
Per the Chi method your Arms are held high without huge movement to help
relax and conserve energy.
And last the Posture is a slight lean forward from the ankles not your
waist.  The entire relaxed body leans slightly forward allowing gravity to
pull you forward and your legs just fold up behind you and land underneath you
without forcing the muscles.

Hope that helps.  There is much more to Chi running and so much to  learn
but I have been focusing on the trying to get this down before adding  more.

Ken

In a message dated 3/1/2011 8:10:34 A.M. US Mountain Standard Time,
trifivelover@xxxxxxxxx writes:

Is anyone going to the track tonite? I'm gonna try and be there about  3:30
or so.
As there are no hills it is a good place to practice and think
C. R. A. P.  Ken please explain to those not in attendance  Sunday.

Dave