Sunday November 16

  • From: "Marge Hickey" <marge@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <morningprayer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2008 11:54:45 -0600 (Central Standard Time)

From: Fr. Pat Umberger

Subject: Sunday, 16 November 2008

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger
In the way described at the bottom of each morning prayer.  I won't be able
To do this for you during our time in Italy.  If you'd like to send a
Message to Margie, DO NOT HIT REPLY AND SEND THIS MESSAGE.  That message
Will not reach Margie.  Her e-mail address is:  marge@xxxxxxxxxx

T O D A Y

Today we wake up in Sorrento.  We celebrate Mass at 8 a.m. In the Cathedral
At Sorrento. We leave from Sorrento's Main Square (Piazza Tasso) to the pier
Where we travel by hydrofoil to Capri, the island of dreams where we visit
The mysterious, breathtaking Grotto Azzurra Anacapri (the Blue Grotto) and
Visit the Villa San Michele. Keep us in your prayers and know you and your
Intentions are remembered in ours as well!

Here's a great way to help Saint Patrick's Parish and have something to look
Forward to all year long. Our Adesse Raffle Calendars offer a prize every
Day in 2009 ... From $30 to $500.  Prizes total $16,755.  Only 3000
Calendars are sold.  If you're interested in helping out, just follow the
Banner link from:  WWW.stpatz.Com

St. Margaret of Scotland (1050?-1093)
Margaret of Scotland was a truly liberated woman in the sense that she was
Free to be herself. For her, that meant freedom to love God and serve
Others. Margaret was not Scottish by birth. She was the daughter of Princess
Agatha of Hungary and the Anglo-Saxon Prince Edward Atheling. She spent much
Of her youth in the court of her great-uncle, the English king, Edward the
Confessor. Her family fled from William the Conqueror and was shipwrecked
Off the coast of Scotland. King Malcolm befriended them and was captivated
By the beautiful, gracious Margaret. They were married at the castle of
Dunfermline in 1070.  For more, follow the link below:

When one finds a worthy wife, her value is far beyond pearls. Her husband,
Entrusting his heart to her, has an unfailing prize. She brings him good,
And not evil, all the days of her life. ~Proverbs 31:10-13, 19-20, 30-31

His master said to him in reply, 'You wicked, lazy servant! So you knew that
I harvest where I did not plant and gather where I did not scatter? Should
You not then have put my money in the bank so that I could have got it back
With interest on my return? ~Matthew 25:4-30

Our reading from the Book of Proverbs talks about a wonderful and worthy
Wife.  The author cannot say enough good things about her.  As the author
Says, "Give her a reward for her labors, and let her works praise her at the
City gates."  She certainly uses her gifts and talents in the way God
Intended when he have them to her.  In our Gospel reading though, we have
Some who use their talents well, and others who don't. May we learn a
Lesson, and strive each day to use the many gifts God has given us in worthy
Ways.

I pray that I may use the gifts and talents God has given me in worthy ways.
I pray that others may be helped to come closer to God by the example I set
For them to follow.