<MP>Tuesday, 15 June 2010

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2010 20:17:19 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

I R E L A N D    2 0 1 0
Early Sign-up Deadline ends after 10 July and price goes up $100 after that
18-28 October 2010 - $2799 from O'Hare, $2859 from La Crosse Brochure,
sign-up sheet & links to hotels are now available at the Web Site:
www.frpat.com

Servant of God Orlando Catanii
An unexpected encounter with St. Francis of Assisi in 1213 was to forever
change-and enrich-the life of Count Orlando of Chiusi. On the day a festival
was being organized for a huge throng, St. Francis, already well known for
his sanctity, delivered a dramatic address on the dangers of worldly
pleasures. One of the guests, Orlando (also known as Roland) was so taken by
Francis' words that he sought out the saint for advice on how best to lead a
life pleasing to God.
A short time later, Francis visited Count Orlando in his own palace, located
at the foot of Mount La Verna. Francis spoke again of the dangers of a life
of wealth and comfort. The words prompted Orlando to rearrange his life
entirely according to the principles outlined by Francis. Furthermore, he
resolved to share his wealth by placing at Francis' disposal all of Mount La
Verna, which belonged to Orlando. Francis, who found the mountain's wooded
recesses and many caves and ravines especially suitable for quiet prayer,
gratefully accepted the offer. Orlando immediately had a convent as well as
a church built there; later, many chapels were added. In 1224, two years
before the death of Francis, Mount La Verna was the location where Francis
received the holy wounds of Christ.

For more, follow this link:

Then the LORD said to Elijah the Tishbite, "Have you seen that Ahab has
humbled himself before me? Since he has humbled himself before me, I will
not bring the evil in his time. ~1 Kings 21:17-29

For if you love those who love you, what recompense will you have? Do not
the tax collectors do the same? And if you greet your brothers only, what is
unusual about that? Do not the pagans do the same? So be perfect, just as
your heavenly Father is perfect." ~Matthew 5:43-48

Love your enemies.  Sounds unnatural, doesn't it.  But we have a higher
calling, a life fuller and more loving than tax collectors and pagans.
We're called to be perfect as our heavenly Father is perfect.

I pray that I may accept my higher calling and love everybody, my enemies
included.  I pray that I my strive to be perfect as my heavenly Father is
perfect.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Linda requests prayers for someone who is in rehab recovering from a stroke,
and her husband who was admitted to hospital today with a heart attack and
blockage, and their son who is getting married on Friday. JoAnne asks for
prayers for her friend who is having a serious back surgery Monday. Bert
asks prayers for her friends who are suffering from cancer.

<MP>Morning Prayer is free, and is
Copyright XXM Father Pat Umberger,
a priest of the Diocese of La Crosse