<MP>Thursday, 28 August 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 20:55:53 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

P I L G R I M A G E    2 0 0 8

   Only ELEVEN seats remain, FOUR from La Crosse.
   10-22 November 2008

   Assisi, Rome, the Vatican, Orvieto, Loreto, Lanciano,
   Sorrento, Capri, the Blue Grotto, amalfi, Pompeii,
   Montecassino, Mt St. Angelo, San Giovanni Rotondo,
   the Wednesday audience with Pope Benedict XVI and more!

   Departing from 3 Cities:  La Crosse, WI, Chicago (ORD) and New York (JFK)
   Use the brochure ... on-line now at www.frpat.com

St. Augustine (354-430)
A Christian at 33, a priest at 36, a bishop at 41: many people are familiar
with the biographical sketch of Augustine of Hippo, sinner turned saint. But
really to get to know the man is a rewarding experience. There quickly
surfaces the intensity with which he lived his life, whether his path led
away from or toward God. The tears of his mother, the instructions of
Ambrose and, most of all, God himself speaking to him in the Scriptures
redirected Augustine's love of life to a life of love.  For more, follow the
link below:

He will keep you firm to the end, irreproachable on the day of our Lord
Jesus Christ. God is faithful, and by him you were called to fellowship with
his Son, Jesus Christ our Lord. ~1 Corinthians 1:1-9

Jesus said to his disciples: "Stay awake! For you do not know on which day
your Lord will come. Be sure of this: if the master of the house had known
the hour of night when the thief was coming, he would have stayed awake
and not let his house be broken into. So too, you also must be prepared,
for at an hour you do not expect, the Son of Man will come. ~Matthew
24:42-51

Today we remember Saint Augustine, the sinner turned saint who said, "Too
late have I loved you, O Beauty of ancient days, yet ever new! Too late I
loved you!" Augustine had time to turn from his selfish ways and back to the
Lord.  He was transformed from being a lover of life to living a life of
love. Through his life and writings he helped others to do so as well.

I pray that I may turn away from being dominated by the things of the world.
I pray that I may live a life of love, and that the example of my conversion
may help others draw nearer to the God who longs to draw near to them.