<MP>Sunday, 23 July 2006

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2006 18:32:42 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     from Father Pat Umberger

T E C H    T I P    F R O M    F A T H E R   P A T
Secure your e-mail address.

Many of us tire of getting dozens and hundreds of spam e-mails.  Some of it
may be our own fault.  If our e-mail address is easily available on a Web
Site, then an electronic "harvester" can snag it and use or sell it.  So,
don't sign a Web Site Guest book unless you click "Private Submission" or be
sure that they work like my guest books too, requiring click-throughs to get
to the e-mail address.  If you have a Web Site and include your e-mail
address you can use a simple Java Script, like I do, to hide the address
from electronic harvesters.  The page looks like the e-mail address is
there, but it's hidden from the harvesters.  How to do it?  Just follow this
link:

       http://www.nalroo.com/news/hide-email-address.shtml

     From Father Pat Umberger

"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. I do not give to you as the
world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled, and do not let them be
afraid."  ~John 14:27

The inward peace that comes from trust in God truly passes all
understanding.  No one can take that peace from us.  No person has the power
to disturb our inner peace.  But we need to be careful not to let in the
world's worries and distractions  We can try not to give entrance to fears,
despondency and resentments.  We can refuse to open the door to the
distractions that disturb our inward peace.  We can make it a point to allow
nothing today to disturb our inner peace, our heart-calm.

I pray that I may not allow those around me to spoil my peace of mind. I
pray that I may keep a deep inner calm throughout the day.

A.J. Russell, ed. Forward to friends,
but please leave this tag intact.