<MP>Monday, 27 July 2009

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Jul 2009 18:55:18 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

Blessed Antonio Lucci (1682-1752)
Antonio studied with and was a friend of St. Francesco Antonio Fasani, who
after Antonio Lucci's death testified at the diocesan hearings regarding the
holiness of Lucci. Born in Agnone in southern Italy, a city famous for
manufacturing bells and copper crafts, he was given the name Angelo at
Baptism. He attended the local school run by the Conventual Franciscans and
joined them at the age of 16. Antonio completed his studies for the
priesthood in Assisi, where he was ordained in 1705. Further studies led to
a doctorate in theology and appointments as a teacher in Agnone, Ravello and
Naples. He also served as guardian in Naples.  For more, follow the link
below:

Moses turned and came down the mountain with the two tablets of the
commandments in his hands, tablets that were written on both sides, front
and back; tablets that were made by God, having inscriptions on them that
were engraved by God himself. ~Exodus 32:15-24, 30-34

He  spoke to them another parable. "The Kingdom of heaven is like yeast that
a woman took and mixed with three measures of wheat flour until the whole
batch was leavened." ~Matthew 13:31-35

Yeast rises. Seeds grow into large plants.  The Kingdom of God grows.  And
it can grow through us, when we take God's commandments into ourselves and
live them.  We can live according to our calling and, through our example,
help others to do the same.  What a wonderful legacy!

I pray that I my live the Commandments of God.  I pray that my love for
others may live on in those around me, that the Kingdom of God may continue
to grow and thrive.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Clairann request prayers for two members of her parish who were injured in a
motorcycle accident. Joanne asks prayer for her cousin who is undergoing
treatment for bleeding due to chrone's disease just as she is starting
college. Nigel requests prayers for his father who had a mild lacunar stroke
with convulsions, and is now back home from hospital. Amy asks prayers for
this next weekend, Our Lady of Lourdes, in Hitchcock, is having their
women's ACTS Retreat. God Bless them all.