<MP>Monday 26 May 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 May 2008 19:41:46 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

P I L G R I M A G E    2 0 0 8

   Now departing from 3 Cities:  La Crosse, WI, Chicago (ORD) and New York
(JFK)

We'll visit Southern Italy, Assisi, Rome and the Vatican from 10-21 November
2008. A NEW BROCHURE is available now, since it was necessary to add a day
to the itinerary due to a schedule change at American Airlines.  We'll add
some free time at Sorrento and spend another night there.  We'll have the
chance to visit Monte Cassino (St. Benedict) too, and will be able to enjoy
a free day in Rome.  There will be one more dinner on our own ... but the
price change is negligible ... just $50 more from Chicago and now from JFK
in New York and no change at all from La Crosse (benefiting from a $50
priced reduction in the flight from La Crosse and Chicago. So, it's  $2749
from Chicago or $2899 from La Crosse, Wisconsin. The NEW BROCHURE is
available on-line right now.  Please destroy any old brochures.  The NEW
BROCHURE has a photo of Sister Joselda and I on the cover, so you can keep
them separate.  For Saint Patrick Onalaska parishioners wee should have
printed brochures available in Church this weekend.  Just follow the link
from: www.frpat.com __________________________________________________

St. Philip Neri (1515-1595)
Philip Neri was a sign of contradiction, combining popularity with piety
against the background of a corrupt Rome and a disinterested clergy, the
whole post-Renaissance malaise. For more, click the link below:

Although you have not seen him you love him; even though you do not see him
now yet you believe in him, ~1 Peter 1:3-9

He replied and said to him, "Teacher, all of these I have observed from my
youth."  Jesus, looking at him, loved him and said to him, "You are lacking
in one thing. Go, sell what you have, and give to the poor and you will have
treasure in heaven; then come, follow me." At that statement, his face fell,
and he went away sad, for he had many possessions.  ~Msrk 10:17-27

There needs to be room for love in our lives.  Sometimes we just think too
much.  We find it difficult to believe in and love a God we cannot see.  The
rich young man in our Gospel today too, keeps all the commandments.  Still,
when Jesus asks him to take a step further and sell what he had and give to
the poor, he faltered.  The earthly possessions he had were more important
than working for treasure that lasts.

I pray that I may continue to believe, even when I can't see.  I pray that I
may work for heavenly things, not allowing myself to become unduly
distracted or held back by things of this world.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Please pray for the healing of Fr. Pat's back. We pray for unity in our
country and that we may build a Culture of Life. We pray for the safety of
our troops, their safe return and their families at home.  We pray for a
deep and profound respect for life, and for the courage and willingness to
stand up for life. We pray for one another, for those who have asked our
prayers and for those who need our prayers the most. Have a good day!