<MP>Monday, 21 June 2010

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2010 18:46:50 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

I R E L A N D    2 0 1 0
Early Sign-up Deadline ends after 10 July and price goes up $100 after that.
18-28 October 2010 - $2799 from O'Hare, $2859 from La Crosse Brochure,
sign-up sheet & links to hotels are now available at the Web Site:
www.frpat.com

St. Aloysius Gonzaga (1568-1591)
The Lord can make saints anywhere, even amid the brutality and license of
Renaissance life. Florence was the "mother of piety" for Aloysius Gonzaga
despite his exposure to a "society of fraud, dagger, poison and lust." As a
son of a princely family, he grew up in royal courts and army camps. His
father wanted Aloysius to be a military hero. At age seven he experienced a
profound spiritual quickening. His prayers included the Office of Mary, the
psalms and other devotions. At age nine he came from his hometown of
Castiglione to Florence to be educated; by age 11 he was teaching catechism
to poor children, fasting three days a week and practicing great
austerities. When he was 13 years old he traveled with his parents and the
Empress of Austria to Spain and acted as a page in the court of Philip II.
The more Aloysius saw of court life, the more disillusioned he became,
seeking relief in learning about the lives of saints.

For more, follow this link:

Help us with your right hand, O Lord, and answer us. ~Psalm 60

How can you say to your brother, 'Let me remove that splinter from your
eye,' while the wooden beam is in your eye? You hypocrite, remove the wooden
beam from your eye first; then you will see clearly to remove the splinter
from your brother's eye." ~Matthew 7:1-5

Mark Twain once said, Nothing needs reform so much as other people's
habits." We're good at involving ourselves in the lives of others and
criticizing them. Even under the guise of "helpfulness" we can be
self-justifying. I only we'd be attentive to ourselves and our own
shortcomings.

I pray that I may look at my own shortcomings when I'm tempted to criticize
others. I pray that I may Work on those shortcomings and live up to
following God's call in my life.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Helen asks prayers for her husband who will be having surgery on fractured
heel. Jo Ann requests prayers of thanksgiving for good test results. John
has breathing and many other health problems.

Cecilia asks prayers for a special intention. A wife requests prayers for
her husband that he find good work and requests prayers for herself that she
do well in her new job and for peaceful, productive working relationships.
Bettye requests prayers for several intentions.

<MP>Morning Prayer is free, and is
Copyright XXM Father Pat Umberger,
a priest of the Diocese of La Crosse