<MP>Friday, 01 June 2007

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 16:45:40 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     from Father Pat Umberger

J O I N    M E
A great Pilgrimage to the Holy Land.
We'll stay in a hotel right on the Sea of Galilee.
We'll renew our Baptismal promises at the Jordan River Stay on the Sea of
Galilee, Renew Marriage vows and pray for deceased husbands and wives at
Cana ... and much more!
04-15 November 2007
Now is a great time to sign up! The brochure and full information, including
hotel links, is on-line.
Follow the link from:  www.frpat.com

     From Father Pat Umberger

"Jesus turned and said to Peter, 'Get behind me, Satan! You are a stumbling
block to me; for you are setting your mind not on divine things but on human
things. 'Then Jesus told his disciples, 'If any want to become my followers,
let them deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me.  For those
who want to save their life will lose it, and those who lose their life for
my sake will find it.'"  ~Matthew 16:23-25

We were born with the Divine within us.  Living a selfish life can hinder
the Divine from being expressed and shared.  The celestial fire has to be
tended and fed so that it will grow into a real desire to live the right
way.  By trying to do the will of God, we grow more and more in the new way
of life.  By thinking of God, praying to God and having communion with God,
we gradually grow more like God.  The way of our transformation from the
material to the spiritual allows God to work in and through us.

I pray that I may tend the spark of the Divine within me so that it will
grow.  I pray that I may be gradually transformed from the old life to the
new and fuller life.

Amy asks prayers for someone who is sick with Neurofibromatos. Pam asks
prayers for a friend and her family as they approach and go through an
important legal hearing, that our Lord holds them in the palm of His Hand.
Mary Ann requests prayers for 3 male friends who have life ending illnesses,
that they and their families have peace and feel the support of Jesus and
their friends.

Carol asks prayers for someone who just found out she has a rare cancer.
Jean requests prayers for the repose of the soul of her 55-year-old son who
was found dead in his home on May 24. Sheila asks prayers for someone who is
recovering from surgery.

Pat asks for prayers for someone who has cancer and will not have
chemotherapy. Doreen asks prayers for two intentions. Amy & Erin ask for
prayers for their dad and husband, that his doctor appointment is a success
and the test results come out good!

A.J. Russell, ed. Forward to friends,
but please leave this tag intact.