[moneytalks] Re: comments on the new beta

  • From: "Steve Zielinski" <steveziel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <moneytalks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 21:22:42 -0500

HiRob and all,

The back up seems to work correctly with the beta, and I too, like the last month, current month and next month feature.

But could you also include the option in the voicing menu, to allow the money talks voice to run while shutting off the screen reader voice. The advantage to this is that I can use window eyes to navigate to the correct icon on the desktop, then start money talks, and if an option was available to do the above, my window eyes would go out while leaving me with the money talks voice. I still prefer the mt voice,

1) it's the at and t voice, decent quality
and 2), )probably more useful), arrowing through the columns autoreads all the data in the column. Also, I like the speaking pattern where you hear the current column you are on when you up or down arrow, then the balance column and payee/payer column. Makes it nice to quickly peruse your register. If that full access were available with the screen reader, I would likely use the screen reader quite a bit. Don't know if I'd use it exclusively, but surely would do so more than now. I almost always find myself shutting down window eyes after starting money talks.

I know I can navigate to the mt icon without speech, enter mt, and be left with the mt self-voicing voice, but it would be even easier and more certaink, to navigate to the icon on desktop with speech, and have window eyes go out automatically. I can pretty easily keep up with the voice system when looking for cleared transactions via the telephone, and clear them with mt with the self voicing feature going. That's how I clear my transactions rather than using a download file.

A bit windy, but there you go.

Best,
Steve

----- Original Message ----- From: "Paul Henrichsen" <paulh52@xxxxxxxxxxx>