[moneytalks] Printing Checks

  • From: "TerrieTerlau" <terriete@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <moneytalks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2006 22:14:54 -0500

Hi,
this is Terrie from A P H, writing from home.
Don't buy Quicken checks; they are far too expensive. If your printer can print
a 3 by 5 card or a small envelope, it can probably print your  wallet sized
checks. The second option is a check that is the size of a business check that
can be ordered from your bank. You can usually get this check pretty
inexpensively -- this is not the raised line, large print check, but it is the
same size as the large raised line, print check. But this business check is not
nearly as expensive as the large print, raised line checks.

Unless you have and can use an optacon, I don't know of a way around getting
some assistance when you first try your check. Our templates are pretty
close--that is, they will fil in the information in nearly the correct places.
But checks vary in terms of where the fields are. We tried to  place the fields
where they would be right for the most people, but there is a way in the
program menus to adjust the placement of the fields to be right for your check.
You need to see either with the optacon or with a sighted person's feedback
whether  the fields are placed correctly for your check and to make any changes
in field placement.

I hope this is helpful.
Best regards,
Terrie